As you begin your search for a wedding venue, it’s easy to get swept off your feet by the beautiful surroundings. When the venue staff asks you if you have any questions, your mind often goes blank. Don’t worry, it’s a common response! In order to avoid feeling like a deer in the headlights, It’s a good idea to go to your site visits prepared with a few questions to see if the location is the right fit for your big day. Jot down a list in your wedding binder, tablet, or phone to ensure you get the most out of your venue tour. Here are a few suggested questions to get you started:
- Is your venue available on my wedding date?
- How many guests can your venue accommodate? Is there a minimum guest count required to rent the space?
- How much is your venue rental fee? Is this an inclusive price (i.e. are there other taxes/fees/gratuity to consider)?
- What is included in the venue rental fee? Are tables, chairs, and linens provided or will I need to rent them separately?
- Can I hold my ceremony at your location as well? If so, what are my ceremony location options?
- If the venue is outdoors, what are your bad weather solutions?
- Do you have a list of preferred vendors you work with? Can I hire vendors outside of this list?
- Is parking available on site? Is there a valet service or is it self-park only? Is there a covered drop off area in case of rain?
- How many restrooms are available? Are they single restrooms or do they have multiple stalls?
- When would the space be available to our party to start decorating? The day before? A few hours before?
Remember, it’s always a good idea to call ahead and set up an appointment at potential wedding venue sites. Some venues allow drop in visits, but making an appointment ensures that you will have a venue staff member available to show you around and answer all your questions. It’s also a good idea to take photos of the space (with the staff’s permission of course!) to help jog your memory after the visit is over. Happy venue hunting!