All weddings are beautiful, but I’m particularly fond of weddings in the Fall. There is something extra romantic to me about the clear bright days and the crisp cool nights. And the lighting can result in spectacular photos! An Autumn wedding has some features that are much different then its Spring and Summer counterparts. Here are some fun ideas to mix some cozy elements into your Fall wedding festivities that you & your guests will love!
- Blankets – Gentlemen in suits/tuxes will certainly agree that cool Fall weather is wonderful. However some guests (particularly some ladies wearing dresses) might feel a little chilly outdoors. Consider providing some snuggly blankets during and outdoor ceremony or in your outdoor reception space to keep all your guests comfortable.
- Fruits & Veggies – I love to see brides embrace the fruits of the season in their decor, such as apples and pumpkins. They offer fun textures, colors, and shapes along with (or in lieu of) your floral arrangements.
- Warm Beverages – Your guests will love a coffee and hot apple cider bar. Or hot cocoa with all the fixings. Yum!
- A Warm Color palette – My personal favorite Autumn wedding color palette features plum, wine, gold, and neutral tones. But there are many color combinations that pair well with Fall decor. Play around with Navy, sage, rust, cornsilk – use your imagination!
- Fall Flavored Desserts – Spiced cider doughnuts? Caramel apples? Mini pumpkin pie tarts? Yes please! Treat your guests to the tastes of the season to add some (pumpkin) spice to your event.
- Twinkling Lights – The long days of summer may be over, but early nightfall means your lighting can steal the show! Use plenty of string lights, candles, and lanterns to add romance and ambiance to your beautiful night!