I love wedding shows. For those of you who are unfamiliar with them, wedding shows are events where several different kind of wedding vendors display a taste of their goods and services to prospective clients. Wedding shows can vary in size from an intimate gathering with a few booths to large affairs featuring hundreds of vendors. I’ve participated in several shows over the years, both as a vendor and a bride, and I have a few tips to pass along to you to optimize your experience.
- Buy your tickets in advance – Most shows offer discounted tickets or two-for-one tickets online.
- Attend a local show – If you are attending a trade show to find vendors for your wedding, choose a show that is somewhat local to your event venue to ensure that the vendors service that area. If you have not chosen a venue, attend a show in the general area that you are planning to hold your wedding.
- Know what services you’re shopping for and hit those booths first – Before attending the show, take a look at your wedding plans and remind yourself what kind of vendors you are ultimately searching for. I recommend visiting those booths first while your mind is fresh.
- Keep an open mind – There may be vendors who you immediately start to skip over, but take a moment to see what they have to offer. For instance you may already have your caterer booked, but do you have a plan for your rehearsal dinner?
- Have fun! – These shows are not all work, they are fun too! Enjoy perusing the vendors and make a note of the ones who catch your eye. Have you already booked a cake vendor? Don’t feel guilty about tasting that cake sample anyways.